To further the accelerating growth of the company, TSL is now seeking a motivated, energetic and technically-minded Business Development Executive to be responsible for generating and maintaining strong customer relationships, offering technical advice, and collaborating on development projects.
The successful applicant will be educated to at least A level in physics, chemistry or engineering; commercial experience within a scientific/manufacturing environment would be advantageous. Through this role they will gain regular opportunities to visit research facilities, universities and OEMs, both in the UK and abroad, building relationships and contributing to cutting edge research and manufacture.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Developing new accounts by researching and identifying potential leads, soliciting new business, building connections, providing technical information and advice, and preparing quotes.
- Attending and exhibiting at science, industry, and academic exhibitions and trade fairs.
- Working with researchers and TSL’s Sales and Funded Project Coordinator to identify potential development projects.
- Offering day to day technical support for potential new and existing customers.
- Identify new sales opportunities.
- Promoting the company using social media.
- Using telephone, e-mail, & social media enquiries to verify collected information and finalize sales.
- Driving continued sales by checking customer purchasing history, suggesting new and related products, and explaining technical features.
TSL recognises that a company’s greatest asset is its employees. All staff have access to a confidential Employee Assistance Programme, offering counselling, legal information, bereavement support and medical information, plus a 24/7 helpline for them and their immediate family. Financial and retirement planning advice is also available via on-site visits from an independent financial advisor.